Saturday, May 23, 2009

The EGD (Endoscopy)

I had the EGD on Friday morning. It was a piece of cake. All they did was start an IV, give me three drugs, perform the procedure and then I went home. I think I was there for a total of 2.5 hours.

Here are the drugs they used:
  1. Robinul - to dry up my mouth and pharynx
  2. Versed - for relaxation and sedation
  3. Diprivan - to put me to sleep
The procedure lasted about 5 minutes and then I was awake, getting dressed, and going to the waiting area to speak with the doctor.

He said everything looked normal but decided to give me a prescription for Prilosec. It helps strengthen the esophageal sphincter. This is good for gastric bypass patients because it will help to reduce vomiting.

My PCP should get the results in a few days and at that time I will also pick up my surgical clearance and take them to the surgeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment