Saturday, July 4, 2009

Learning my limit

I'm 2.5 weeks out from surgery and things are going reasonably ok. I'm no longer sore from the surgery and my incisions are healing well.

On Tuesday I was able to progress to phase three of my diet which is "soft foods". I have been having a hell of a time with this phase. This may sound gross but I never knew I could make myself vomit until I tried to eat eggs. According to other WLS folks, eggs are notoriously hard to eat and it may take as many as five or six months before I can tolerate them well.

I'm having a difficult time learning the limits of my food intake. I'm constantly eating too much and it always seems like I'm eating one or two bites too many. I'm guessing I'm eating too fast and my stomach cannot tell my brain I'm full until things are literally backing up. So far I can eat about two or three tablespoons of food. Or it could be I'm eating the wrong foods. I'm not sure. I'm certainly not a fan of vomiting.

I ordered a food scale that should be arriving this week coming up. I'm really hoping this helps me measure my food intake and things.

Tomorrow's strategy: Measure out 3oz (1/3 cup) of food and see if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment