Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Self Image

I've never been one to hate myself for being overweight. And even when I was 372 lbs I never thought I looked that heavy. Basically stated, I never let my weight define who or what I was or am.

I'm not sure if it's this attitude causing the delay in my brain recognizing the changes or if it's other factors but when I look at myself in the mirror I really do not see a change. However, if I see a reflection of myself in a window or some other surface where it's not a direct image I do not recognize the man I'm seeing.

I am thinking my brain will catch up and that the change is happening so fast it's having a hard time catching up.

Literally, the only time I see the rather stark progress is when I look at my before photo and the most recent photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment